Focus on Outcomes Not Just Performance
Integrated Mechanical Care (IMC) prevents, diagnoses, and resolves musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) using an evidence-based, multidisciplinary program that includes McKenzie® Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy (MDT), psychosocially-based health coaching services, and technology-enabled quality systems.
The Company’s orthopedic solutions generate favorable economic, clinical, and humanistic outcomes (ECHO) for a broad range of stakeholders in the healthcare value chain.
IMC’s unique outcomes-assured™ approach to musculoskeletal condition management reduces musculoskeletal pain, enhances orthopedic function, and improves performance across a broad range of measures (e.g., patient health, health-related quality of life, employee satisfaction, job attendance, workforce continuity, productive capacity, on-the-job performance, work-team productivity, return on human capital, workplace operating efficiencies, “stickiness” of Total Rewards programs, benefit plan cost management (e.g., in group health, workers’ compensation, short-term disability, long-term disability), corporate earnings growth, community development, population health, public health, socioeconomic development, and global competitiveness).
Get Just the Deliverables You Need
For patients, IMC delivers groundbreaking self-care, diagnosis, treatment, recurrence prevention, and specialty referral services, increasing the potential for a return to pain-free living and function.
For primary care practitioners, orthopedic specialists, and healthcare provider organizations, IMC delivers Orthopedic Practice Analysis, Reporting, and Management Services (leading to practice-optimization and care-delivery scorecards, dashboards, and measurement tools).
For health policymakers and for scientific, technical, and medical (STM) researchers, IMC delivers data, information, and insight on the societal costs and remedies to MSDs.
For self-insured employers (SIEs), third-party administrators (TPAs), and third-party payers (TPPs), IMC delivers:
- MSD Subpopulation Analysis and Reporting (focused on the incidence and prevalence of MSDs);
- MSD Intervention Analysis and Reporting (focused on MSD risk assessment and management, diagnostics, and treatment practices);
- MSD Performance Analysis, Reporting, and Management (leading to the refinement and long-term implementation of scorecards, dashboards, and measurement tools, and including the design of an MSD-Centric Asset Management Program for Human Capital that focuses on key performance indicators [KPIs] for musculoskeletal health and human-capital performance);
- Musculoskeletal Health Benefit Analysis and Reporting (focused on the alignment between desired health outcomes and health-insurance plan design);
- MSD-Related Workers’ Compensation Analysis and Reporting (focused on the volume, duration, and costs of MSD-related workers’ comp cases);
- MSD-Related Disability Analysis and Reporting (focused on the alignment between desired disability outcomes and short-term and long-term disability plan design);
- MSD-Related Self-Care Tutorials (focused on prevention, wellness and disease management) that help workers retain healthier paychecks and more favorable benefits by minimizing the occurrence and effects of MSDs in their personal lives;
- MSD-Related Job Safety and Protection Training that helps employees reduce on-the-job injuries, contribute to improved job safety, and enhance American-workforce competitiveness; and
- MSD-Related Workers’ Compensation and Disability Support Programs that assure timely, compassionate, and empowering care for those challenged with health-compromising and performance-limiting musculoskeletal conditions.